Do you have integrated lighting fixtures in your home or you just started thinking about getting one? Since LED has grown to dominate the general lighting product market, many lighting manufacturers have started to integrate the bulbs directly into fixtures.
According to market research in 2017, 70% of general lighting product market was tied to either integrated LED lighting or LED ready fixture lighting with separated LED tubes. Meanwhile the latter made up the majority of LED lighting sales, but LED integrated lighting will outpace LED ready-fixture lightings and become the majority by 2022.
What are integrated LED lightings?
To really understand what integrated light bulbs are, it’s important to make the distinction between integrated and LED ready fixture lightings.
LED integrated fixture lightings may resemble LED ready fixtures, but the similarities end there. Integrated LED fixtures come complete with the LED arrays already built into the fixture. Whether on a back-pan, strip or a heat sync disc, the LED diodes are installed into the fixture, so you won't find a standard socket for a bulb. They are designed to provide a specific color and Lumen output and they do not have typical “bulbs” that can be replaced. Integrated LED fixtures typically last for many years, usually a decade or more.
LED ready fixture lightings are designed to use LED bulbs and typically are sold separately with bulbs. A primary benefit of the LED ready fixture lightings is that customers can select the appropriate bulbs for their needs as long as the tube is the right shape, size and wattage. The initial installation of the fixtures is comparable to the integrated fixtures, but replacing the bulb when it burns out is easier than replacing the LED array or module on the integrated fixture.
What advantages do integrated lightings have?
- Longer lifespan: Because of the way integrated lighting fixtures are installed, they are left alone and cannot be touched or fussed over. The power supply is usually left separate from the actual LEDs which means it can be replaced without affecting the lighting to prolong life. Their lifespan is longer than fluorescent & incandescent bulbs, and even outpace click & screw-in LED bulbs, which can save you a lot of money.
- Energy-efficient: This kind of LED lights can be highly energy-efficient ‘cause the LED arrays are already built into the fixture. An all-in-one fitting, integrated lighting provides you with higher lumen counts and lower wattages. Compared to single bulbs, the specialised bases can even offer higher CRIs (Colour Rendering Index) to give you an even better quality of lighting.
- New design & style opportunities: And one of the biggest advantages of this integrated fixture is that LED beads are compact which gives room to new designs and styles. Due to a small structure size, integrated LED lights can be used in any application to appeal to every customer’s taste.
- Better heat dissipation: Even more reliable than usual, integrated LED lightings can deal with heat dissipation much better than normal bulbs. It’s because the fixture is designed around the LED and thus, fitted with an advanced heat sink to direct any excess heat away from the light.
The initial outlay for an integrated LED lighting fixture may be higher, but over the course of its lifetime an LED bulb will pay for itself in terms of cost savings many times over. Additionally, as the lifespan of many LED bulbs is over twenty years, the cost of installation can largely be disregarded.
What should you ask yourself before choosing?
- Do you have existing fixtures or is this a new installation?
If you have existing fixtures and they are in need of significant repairs, it might make economic sense to replace them with integrated LED fixtures.
- Do the fixtures comply with local building code requirements?
Be sure to evaluate whether your new fixtures comply with local building codes before buying them. If you’re not sure, contact the server at first.
- What are the lifetime costs for the fixtures?
There are many cost factors that come into the lifetime costs of your LED light fixtures, including the original purchase, installation, ongoing maintenance, and energy costs. Be sure to consider all of the costs before making your decision to buy.
What we have for you?
- We JESLED have a wide variety of integrated LED lightings available that are easy to install, such as:
- And this is our best selling: JESLED V Shape 8FT Single Pin LED Tube 5000K, it has specs below:
【BRIGHT, ENERGY SAVING】 - JESLED T8 T10 T12 8ft LED bulbs can illuminate your space with 6000+ lumens. Instantly save 62% on your electricity bill when you replace 130watt old fluorescent tubes with high output 50w 8foot LED tubes.
【LONG LASTING TUBE】 - JESLED shatterproof single pin 8ft LED tube light have an outstanding life rating of 50,000+ hours! These 8ft led lights can last 20+ years depending on use, eliminating maintenance costs and reducing relamp frequency.
【EASY BALLAST BYPASS INSTALL】 - JESLED fa8 8ft LED light bulbs are dual-end powered and require a simple, energy-saving, ballast bypass (direct wire) installation. Refer to our installation guide for details. NOTE: Please install this item away from the radio, remote control door, etc., which may cause EMI.
【FLUORESCENT TUBE REPLACEMENT】 - JESLED Single pin 8ft LED Replacements are ideal for fluorescent fixtures. They are compatible with existing T8, T10, and T12 fluorescent fixtures, making LED conversion easier than ever. Retrofit your garage, warehouse, workshop and more.
If you want to contact a member of our team for any advice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to help you. You can also keep up with us on social media via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. And check out our YouTube channel for videos about LED products!